Monday, May 10, 2010

Here's a great idea for the upcoming Memorial Day holiday weekend! I have had this one and it is YUMMY! I guarantee there won't be a morsel left. This particular recipe is supposed to serve 6 - but I'd put it closer to 4. It's that good!


Flat Iron Steak with Three Pepper Rub




1 tablespoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 pounds flat iron steaks

DIRECTIONS
Stir together the paprika, salt, sugar, chili powder, chipotle powder, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin in a small bowl until blended. Rub the seasoning mix all over the flat iron steaks, then wrap them tightly with plastic wrap. Marinate in the refrigerator 2 to 8 hours (the longer the better).

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil grate.

Cook the steaks on the preheated grill until cooked to your desired degree of donenes. Allow the steaks to rest for 5 minutes in a warm location before slicing

Let me know how it comes out - better yet - let me know what time you're serving and I'll bring my fork

No comments: